ALL-ROUND ASSISTANT WITH BIOMEDICAL BACKGROUND
Oystershell specializes in the innovation of consumer healthcare products and especially in over-the-counter products (OTC). Our mission is to bring to the world new health products that combine scientific progress with consumer insights to improve people’s lives and health. Oystershell develops these innovations for its two business units: sales to third party customers (Oystershell Laboratories) and sales from own brands in a selection of categories: head lice treatment, insect control and premium dietary supplements (Oystershell Consumer Health).
You will have an interesting variety of administrative tasks to support Innovation Lab Department. The Innovation Lab Department is a combined pool of 11-12 people that manage our initiatives in the field of research, quality and regulatory affairs.
You will support the R&D team with administrative tasks: administrative project support for our senior R&D managers such as classifying reports and archiving samples.
You will be responsible for the laboratory stock management & lab support
On top of the administrative tasks, you will assist in the development of medical devices, insecticides and cosmetics. You will execute project-based tasks related to insects (unwanted visitors): prevention, treatment and post-treatment. You will support the R&D Manager in the design of new products: from idea to production to commercialization and think along with the entire team. You will also assist in in-house product tests, pilot batch evaluation, ...
For the Quality team, you will mainly be the support of our document management system: uploading & managing documentation, checking if the right documents were used according to the procedures, follow-up of new documents in the system and take actions when needed. You will monitor the quality mailbox and register the incoming complaints and incidents.
As a support for Regulatory & Vigilance, you will have a broad range of administrative tasks eg. transfer Master Reference texts from Excel to Word, request free sales certificates (collect documentation and write letters to obtain the certificate), …
You will work together with our vigilance officer and help out with follow up correspondence of complaints and incidents
As an assistant for the entire pool you report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer.
Required skills, educational and experience requirements
- You have a Master of Science in a life science discipline.
- You have a pharmaceutical or chemical background.
- You are eager to learn and interested in learning about chemicals and medical/regulatory affairs.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint have no secrets for you. Affinity with ERP/DMS packages is required.
Expected professional attitude
- You have a mature, positive personality and love challenges.
- You are passionate and have strong organizational and administrative skills.
- You work in an accurate and structured way.
- You have a ‘can do’ & hands-on mentality.
- Above all, you are a team player. Through your excellent communication skills, you ensure optimal cooperation within the company with all departments.
- It is our expectation that you live up to our quality standards as described in the quality policy. We expect you to take the necessary actions to comply with the quality objectives.